Saturday, September 20, 2008

My Summer

Okay so this summer i went to Europe with some of my family. I had never been that far from home before and it was really fun. I was in Italy, Switzerland, Austria, and Germany. Other then the really long plane ride everything was really fun. I got back in late June. All of July was really busy because i was working at my church with about 30 kids for Vacation Bible School. Then I went to Alaska for about a week with my dad and brothers which was realy fun. I saw a lot of wildlife there that I hadn't seen before. In Denali National Park we saw bears, moose, caraboo and a lot of other cool things and in Valdez we went on this one day cruise and saw seals, sea lions, sea otters, dolphins, humpback whales and killer whales. It was a very busy summer but I had a lot of fun! Oh I also went to Mexico at the end of the summer to visit some of my cousins.

5 comments:

Will said...

Wow, that pretty much put all of my summers to shame. How did you get around in Europe when you speak a different language? And it really cool that you play guitar, what kind of music do you play?

sc said...

Amy!
Hey! I kind of accidentally found your blog. Haha. I guess Mikey is in both of our groups, right? And I didn't know you went to Mexico again...But you do go every summer so I should have known. :) I guess I was at band camp. So how did that go down?

Sarah

Unknown said...

Europe, huh? That's pretty cool. xD What did you do while you were there? And the wildlife in Alaska sounds pretty cool too--I don't get to go out much, so the most wildlife I've ever seen was from watching Animal Planet. xD;

Anonymous said...

Woah Amy! You did a LOT this summer! Tell me more about Europe! Where exactly in Europe did you go?
You're so lucky you got to see so many animals! I didn't go ANYWHERE this summer...pretty boring stuff. No animals to see and all that.
That's awesome about Denali National Park. Remind me to beg my parents to take me there someday!

Cordalene Black said...

Wow, you sure do get around. We traveled Western Europe this summer, but in 2 years we are going to be going to all of the countries that you just came back from. I also really want to go to Alaska! You are soooo lucky!